Last updated November 23, 2021
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- Information Collected From You
As you use the Website, My Tzedakah Fund will collect your personal information when you:
- Contact us: When you contact us, we collect your name, email address, any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries and address any issues you may have.
- Create a fund: To make a monthly donation to your charity fund, we will collect your name, email address, and payment card information (card number, expiration date, and CVV). We use this personal information to communicate with you and process your donation. Please note our payment processor collects and processes the payment information directly on our behalf and My Tzedakah Fund only maintains historical payment information. You can delete a fund at any time in your account settings.
- Give a gift: To gift a fund, we will collect your name, email address, and payment card information (card number, expiration date, and CVV). We will also collect the gift recipient’s name and email address. We use this personal information to facilitate your gift and to process your payment. Please note our payment processor collects and processes the payment information directly on our behalf and My Tzedakah Fund only maintains historical payment information.
- Recommend a charity: If you recommend a charity to My Tzedakah Fund, we collect your name, email address, and charity information. We use this personal information to assess your request and communicate with you.
My Tzedakah Fund use the personal information collected for the above purposes to send you marketing communications we feel may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you emails necessary to the Website, your donation, or any assistance you request.
My Tzedakah Fund also uses the personal information it collects to comply with the law and for other limited circumstances as described in INFORMATION SHARING.
- Information Collected Automatically (Cookies)
My Tzedakah Fund also collects information via cookies as you use the Website. This information includes your:
- Usage information: Information about your interaction with the Website, such as pages visited, time spent on each page, and frequency of access.
- Location information: Information about your location information, which may be determined from your IP address.
- Device information: Information about the device you use to access the Website, such as browser type, browser language, hardware model, operation system, and preferences.
To collect this information, we use necessary, performance, analytics, and advertising cookies. My Tzedakah Fund uses the information collected through these cookies to: (i) conduct analytics to improve the Website and enhance user experience; (ii) conduct interest-based advertising and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; (iii) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; (iv) diagnose and repair errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse; and (v) remember your preferences. Particular cookies to note on our Website include:
- Facebook Pixel: We use Facebook Pixel to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. Facebook Pixel sets a cookie on your device that allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our Website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel is stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads and sharing by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity
Our emails also contain cookies and other technologies, provided by MailChimp, to gain valuable insight into the behavior of our email recipients. With the help of these technologies, we can analyze the actions taken by recipients, such as opens and clicks, in order to better adapt and distribute our emails. To provide us with this information, MailChimp collects your information, such as IP address, time of retrieval, browser type, and operating type. You can disable this tracking at any time by disabling automatic loading of images in your email program.
- Within My Tzedakah Fund: Where necessary, Tzedakah Fund will share your personal information within Tzedakah Fund to efficiently carry out and improve our business and to the extent permitted by law.
- With service providers: My Tzedakah Fund will share your personal information with service providers that perform services on My Tzedakah Fund’s behalf. These service providers include our IT support, payment processor, and communications provider.
- With selected charities: When you donate to a selected charity, we will share your name and contact information with the selected charity to facilitate communication between you and the charity. Please note if you elect to keep your donation private, we will not share this information.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization: In the event that My Tzedakah Fund enters into, or intends to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of My Tzedakah Fund, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets, My Tzedakah Fund would share your personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. My Tzedakah Fund would also share your personal information with third parties if My Tzedakah Fund undergoes bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- For legal purposes: My Tzedakah Fund will share your personal information where legally required, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims or demands; to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
CORRECT OR VIEW YOUR INFORMATION
You can access your My Tzedakah Fund account to correct or view certain personal information of yours in our possession and which is associated with your account.
DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
To request the deletion of your personal information, please contact My Tzedakah Fund at email@example.com. In your request, be sure to include your full name, email address, fund name (if applicable), and reason for your request. Please note that we may not be able to comply with your deletion request if the personal information is necessary to complete the transaction for which it was provided. (i.e. to process your donation). In addition, My Tzedakah Fund may be required to maintain your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, to protect our legal rights, or for certain business requirements. This includes for security, fraud, and abuse prevention, for financial record-keeping, or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
DO NOT TRACK
The Website does not support Do Not Track (DNT).
My Tzedakah Fund implements and maintains reasonable security measures to protect the personal information My Tzedakah Fund collects and maintains. These security measures include access controls and 128-bit SSL encryption for online payments. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and My Tzedakah Fund is unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information collected from you.
The Website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of eighteen (18).